The Human Resources/Payroll Specialist oversees the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruiting, hiring, and interviewing staff, managing payroll, administering pay, benefits, monitoring employee attendance, and enforcing company policies and practices. Directs the employee orientation and review process and implements the employee accountability process. Coordinates company wide training and employee appreciation events.
- Oversee, prepare, process and manage payroll through established payroll software.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for those openings.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs. Verifies employee eligibility.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, and continuing education. This may include safety training, professional licensure, and other certifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with technology and general understanding of HRIS systems.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration or Accounting preferred.
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s License
- General knowledge of construction industry
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certifications
- Ability to lift 15lbs
- Ability to sit during prolonged periods of time at a desk and work on a computer screen.
The compensation package includes competitive wage, paid time off, eight paid holidays, medical and dental benefits, Health Savings Account, 401K with employer match and continuing education and training opportunities.
A background check and drug test completion are a condition of starting employment.