Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame. Builds effective relationships with local industry contacts. Applies continuous improvement principles in own work performance and drives continuous improvement application in company operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage project from estimating/bidding, detailing, product purchasing, delivery, scheduling, installation, and construction administration.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all clients including local general contractors and end-users.
- Collaborate with installation teams to efficiently furnish and install projects.
- Prepare submittals for approval.
- Review construction documents and occasionally visit jobsite to understand scope of work to bid jobs correctly.
- Prepare take-offs and estimates of costs of materials, labor, and equipment for projects.
Education and/or Experience
Four-year degree in construction management, civil engineering, business or related degree from a college or university; and a minimum of 2-3 years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents; shop drawings, operating, procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers and/or employees.
Work with mathematical concepts; probability, statistics and fundamental math’s.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Understanding manufacturing processes and performances for glass/coatings, and aluminum/finishes.
- Ability to apply products to applications.
- Understanding of systems, fabrication and installation methods.