Works on metal fabrication, assembly and/or packaging. Loads and unloads trucks of glass and metal material. Stock’s material in warehouse or loads frames for shipment. Cuts and fabricates metal materials per specifications. Cross-trained in two or more areas of fabrication, assembly, glazing, and/or packaging is required.
Essential Duties & Responsivities (include the following)
- Installation of exit devices, and additional door hardware components as needed
- Uses knowledge and experience to read shop drawings, plans, instruction manuals.
- Loads and off-loads trucks by hand, forklift.
- Cuts, fabricates, and assembles window framing material per work order.
- Use of automated machining centers and power hand tools
- Meets established daily productivity goals. Reports obstacles to Fabrication Manager.
- Participates in creating a team environment by assisting other Fabrication Techs as requested.
- Creates a safe work environment for self and others by following all safety procedures, wearing company provided PPE, and participating in safety suggestion program.
- Applies Continuous Improvement principles in own work performance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED; and one to two years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to ask questions of supervisor, listen and follow verbal instructions, communicate verbally with co-workers, read all safety rules and instructions in the use and maintenance of shop tools and equipment and methods and procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work.
Must be able to read a tape measure and perform simple mathematics in regard to measurements of length.
Must be able to walk, bend, twist, squat and climb on an occasional basis.
Lifting up to 50-75 pounds is required frequently.